Sunday, April 11, 2010

Must Love Dogs... Err... Cats

Yesterday I was in the grocery store picking up milk... That's all I needed.  Just had to run in and out.  Then without even thinking about it, I went to the pet supply aisle and picked out a new toy and treat for Sprout.  And that's when I realized... I'm a "cat person" after all....    

Having never had cats before, and growing up with a few dogs through out my childhood I have always considered myself more of a "dog person" than a "cat person".  Truth be told, I always used to wonder how anyone could really like cats?  They seemed like such selfish animals, that were always on mission, and had an agenda they were on.  People were just the lowly servants that attended to them, and they couldn't be bothered by things like affection.  Jon on the other hand has always been a "cat person", and never really cared for dogs much.  Whenever we considered getting a dog he always asked me what the different life spans were for different breeds and the longer the life span the less interested he was.

I never thought I would see the day that I owned a cat - and much less the day that I would consider myself a "cat person".  Sprout has now been a part of our lives for almost two months and I'm completely a cat person.  Now, I have put this clause in here that I really do think we got lucky because he has never once touched any of our furniture, is not a scratcher, or bad with his claws at all, he lets me brush him and clip his nails no problem... and even lets me bathe him!  I'm still maintaining that I like cats on a case by case basis... but we got really lucky! 

Here are some pics of our boy with his new toy!  


Sprout with his pretty blue bow tie - a hand me down from Armani  :)  


  
Another shot of the bow tie 

LOVES having to chase, and playing with the furries.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate, I'm not a cat person either, but I certainly have met some very nice kitties along the way :-) Sprout is adorable! I can't believe how well behaved he is, even letting you dress him up :-) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete