Monday, April 5, 2010

Back To Blogging!

I have to say I'm a little embarrassed that it's now Apil and I'm just blogging for the first time this year!  Well, first of all I have to say that I'm definitely more committed now to blogging more often, and hope this becomes our new way to keep in touch with friends and family who live far away.

Not to make excuses for myself, but one of the reason I hadn't blogged much was that I wasn't too impressed with the blog lay outs on blogger.com and could never figure out how everyone else seemed to have these beautiful blogs!!  Finally, I stumbled across www.CutestBlogOnTheBlock.com!  Such a wonderful website with free blog backgrounds and banners!  Definitely inspires me to blog more and keep our blog current!!  I'm hoping this will be the inspiration that I need!

Well, the most notable change that has happened in the months since Christmas is that we've added a new addition to the family!!  We've adopted a kitty from the local Halifax SPCA!!  His name is Sprout.  Jon has always been more drawn to cats, and I've always been more of a dog person.  I didn't think I would ever really become a "cat person" per say, but to my surprise, I am absolutely in love with our little munchkin!!  Jon's pretty smitten with him too.  He was just 7 months old when we adopted him on Valentine's day, and is really settling in quite nicely.  I have to say, I've been lucky... he's let us put kitty sweaters on him, fancy bows, lets me cut his nails no problem, and even let me give him a bath!!  (There were a few splashes ofcourse!)  I have no idea how we got so lucky but he's definitely the perfect kitty for us.  So glad we were able to give him a home, and give the SPCA room to take in another kitty in need.

Another new development is that I have taken up the guitar, and am absolutely loving it!!  I have started taking guitar lessons regularly friday nights.  Jon's been enjoying the "music", and is hoping that I learn some Johnny Cash songs soon!  At the moment I'm working on "I walk the line".  Hopefully it won't take too long to get down.  I've got the first few strums down, and have learned chords C A G E and D.  Overall, it's just a really fun hobby that I'm really enjoying!  

I will definitely do a better job of keeping everyone up to date on what is new with us, and am sure that blogging will finally become a new hobby of ours.  In the mean time, here are some pictures of what we have been up to over the past few months!

 
Me and my honey...  Just snapping some pictures so I don't miss him too much when he's on the boats this summer ...


Practicing the first few lines of "I walk the line", by Johnny Cash. 


Our stylin' kitty... Sprout Monahan


 Me and my baby on my birthday hike... March 18th.  Such a beautiful day!



Our family picture on my birthday after a very nice long hike, a wondeful afternoon of snuggling, romantic sushi dinner, and a great movie with my honey!!  Now that's what I call a GREAT birthday!!


Our kitty on Valentine's day... just one day after we brought him home.  :)


Family picture on Valentine's day after a very yummy greek dinner at Athens!!  :)


Thanks for reading!!  We'll be posting much more in the next few weeks!!  Some really exciting news coming!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment