Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall Favorites & Monster Pants

So after a year of Jon asking me to make him monster pants I am finally doing it!!  If you don't know what I'm talking about see here.  These pics are of the pair I made last year.  The original is infant sized for a 6 - 8 month old and Jon just loved them when I finished them and really wanted a pair for himself.  I thought he was crazy but after a year of still asking for them I suppose he does really want them!  I've saved the first pair for when our little one eventually comes along, and I do have to admit that I love the idea of Jon and our little one having matching pants.  Cute!  Hehe...  That and the fact that now that the weather is cooling off a bit and I can totally feel fall coming I'm dying to get back in to my knitting but don't really have a project in mind.  I'll post pics as the new pair comes along.  For now, I'm just trying to decide if he'll be too warm if I do the pants in a bamboo/wool blend.  I love that type of yarn, but it is rather warm and Jon likes to be on the cool side.  I'm thinking 100% cotton might be a better choice...  I'll keep you updated on how things go with this project!  I think I'll be needing bigger circular needles...  Hehe...

1 comment: