Friday, August 27, 2010

The Cotton Anniversary

I have to start off again apologizing for my slight absense... My computer has really had a case of the sickies recently and spent another two weeks at FutureShop.  Hopefully we're all resolved now though...  :)

So a few weekends ago Jon and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary, which is apparently "The Cotton Anniversary".  Luckily, we did not exchange any cotton.  Hehe...  Instead we headed up to Cape Breton for the weekend, and two nights of camping!  It was so much fun!!  I have to say we've been really lucky with how much camping we've gotten in this summer.

We started out towards Glace Bay, N.S. for the Cole Miner's Museum and were lead down into the caves by an ex cole miner who told us some stories of what it was like growing up in Canada during those times, and then growing up to follow a long family tradition of cole mining.  It was very inspiring.  After the 6 hour drive up there, and spending about two hours at the Cole Miner's we were very anxious to get to our Campsite and relax!

After a nice swim in the pool, two bbq steaks and some relaxin by the fire we rested and hit the road again the next morning!  We went on to the Cabot Trail which I completely fell in love with.  I have no idea how I've been living in Nova Scotia for 9 years now and have never been to that end of the province!!  The scenery was unreal, the pictures really do not do it justice at all!!

The second night we camped just at the end of the Cabot Trail in the Highlands National Park.  The second night wasn't as relaxing as we were exhausted and it was seriously freezing!!  We then headed back home and stopped at the Glenora Distillery for a tour of the only single malt scotch distillery in canada.  And at the "Red Shoe Pub" which is run by the Rankin Sisters.  All in all, a wonderful anniversary trip.  The more I see of this province, the more I fall in love with it.  Funny thing, I feel the same way about my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment